My name is Alexandros Psomas ( I mostly go by Alex ). I am a Visiting Researcher in the market algorithms group in Google Researcher (Mountain View). My research focuses on the intersection of Computer Science and Economics. I apply tools and insights from computer science to study problems in a variety of economic environments. I am broadly interested in algorithmic economics, artificial intelligence, computational social choice and mechanism design, machine learning, as well as algorithmic game theory and theoretical computer science in general.
I will be joining the Computer Science Department of Purdue University as an Assistant Professor in August 2020!
I spent two wonderful years (2017-2019) as a postdoctoral researcher in the Computer Science Department at Carnegie Mellon University, hosted by Ariel Procaccia. I completed my PhD in May 2017 in the Theory of Computation group at UC Berkeley, where I was extremely fortunate to be advised by Christos Papadimitriou. I have worked as an intern in Microsoft Research in Redmond, WA, during summer 2015, with Nikhil Devanur. I also spent summers 2013 and 2014 in the International Computer Science Institute in Berkeley, CA, under the supervision of Eric Friedman.
- May 2020: Our paper "Fairness-Efficiency Tradeoffs in Dynamic Fair Division" has been accepted to EC 2020!
- February 2020: New working papers! See Research.
- September 2019: Two papers accepted to WINE 2019!
- July 2019: Our paper "WeBuildAI: Participatory Framework for Fair and Efficient Algorithmic Governance" has been accepted to CSCW 2019!
- July 2019: Our paper "Risk Robust Mechanism Design for a Prospect Theoretic Buyer" has been accepted to SAGT 2019!
- May 2019: Our paper "Achieving a Fairer Future by Changing the Past" has been accepted to IJCAI 2019!
- April 2019: Two papers (1,2) accepted to EC 2019!
- April 2019: Our paper "WeBuildAI: Participatory Framework for Fair and Efficient Algorithmic Governance" will be presented in CI 2019!
- April 2019: Our paper "Statistical Foundations of Virtual Democracy" has been accepted to ICML 2019!